A list of essentials based on my trip to Umrah, AlhamdoLillah
Ladies Umrah essentials can be found at: http://muslimahinsolace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/what-every-muslimah-should-take-to.html
Require a list of Hajj Essentials?
There is a list of Hajj Essentials for brothers and sisters, click here
Important: If you are not aware of the Umrah process, please carry out your research, so you know what you can and can’t do when in the state of ihraam.
- Ihram x 1 (I took two, as i kept one as a spare in case the first got dirty)
- Slippers x 1 – Ensure these are suitable whilst in Ihram and comfortable. I took a pair of croc slippers which were really comfortable. Click here for a picture of Croc Slippers
- Belt or some type of secure bag to store mobile, money etc. A company called Hajj Safe offer a good selection of bags. I took along a secure belt from HajjSafe
- Vaseline, for between the thighs (men). Trust me, some of you may need it, as you can experience soreness between the thighs whilst walking in ihraam. You’ll be thanking me for it 🙂
- Small water spray bottle (Recommended for spraying on face to cool down)
- Essential Medication you take on a daily basis
- Additional drugs such as Paracetamol, diarrhoea tablets, Dioraltye sachets (excellent for replacing lost body salts), cough drops/medicine, energy tablets.
- E45 cream or any other cream for cracked heels. The chemists at Saudi sell a really good cream for cracked heels which was really effective when i went for Hajj, so you could purchase from there.
- Toiletries (Shampoo, Shower Gel, Tooth paste, tooth brush, razors, trimmer, scissors, comb, brush etc), When in the state of ihram, use unscented products
- Tea bags if you only use your favourite tea :). I loved the Lipton tea available at most Saudi shops.
- Towels (Most hotels provide towels, check with your tour guide)
- Umrah guide, Dua books, Pocket Qur’an
- A cheap phone (Dual band). Buy yourself a Saudi sim whilst you are there. Recommended that all family members purchase one and you store each others contact numbers. You can also take your smart phone along with you to connect to hotel wifi.
- Phone charger
- Spare glasses (if necessary)
- Deodorant/perfume if required
- Pain relief spray or deep heat rub (for muscular pain). Just incase it’s required but again the chemists there offer this and employees are mainly english speakers.
- First aid kit
- Nail cutter
- Multi Vitamins
- Face mask (May be useful in a breakout, or prevention). Purchase the ones used by surgeons
- Ensure you have had the required injections and take the injections certificate with you. Most of these injections last 3 plus years so visit your GP to confirm as you may have had the injections if you have visited Saudi Arabia recently. Best to double check with GP
- A pump bag to place your slippers or sandals in whilst praying. Most umrah/hajj tour operators will provide a pump bag.
- Travel adaptors as mains in Saudi are 2 pin
- Emergency contact numbers and worth keeping a copy with each family member when out and about. Also worth keeping hotel card with you. Always inform each family member of a place to meet, like at a gate number, in the event you are separated.
- Photocopy of passport
- Suitcase locks + key
- Make sure you have all the travel documents necessary before you leave for Umrah (Passport, Airline Ticket, Hotel Voucher, Transport Vouchers or tickets etc)
- Some will take a small kettle/iron along with them. Washing and ironing services are provided by most hotels so no need really, unless you want to save the cost on ironing services. Some tour guides offer wash and ironing services as part of Umrah package so worth checking.
- Alarm Clock or use alarm on mobile
- Drinking water bottle. Avoid tapped water, stick to zam zam water 🙂
- Do some research into Umrah. Very important
- Free Hajj/Umrah Health and Safety Guide
Good luck and enjoy your amazing journey InSha Allah, and please keep me in your dua’s. Stay calm as patience is tested. It is an amazing journey and you will come back wanting to go back again so enjoy your time there. Please remember me in your dua’s. Jazakh’Allah
If you feel there is additional items to add, please comment below
Please don’t forget to share this list using the social media buttons below.